The Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program provides transitioning service members and military spouses with management training and hands-on experience in the civilian workforce, expanding corporate America's understanding of the veteran job market and preparing transitioning service members for smooth transitions into civilian careers.
We match fellows with participating companies based on the skills and preferences of both parties. Most fellows are active-duty senior enlisted service members or junior officers who are transitioning into the civilian workforce within the next 6 months. Our 12-week program is hosted by military installations across the country. Each installation typically hosts 2-3 cohorts of 20-30 fellows per year.
Employers and transitioning service members can learn more about getting involved below:
Employer Eligibility Requirements:
- Located within 75 miles of one of our host military installations
- Must offer training in positions typically requiring a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Willing to interview fellows for management positions (or comparable salary level) and/or be willing to refer fellows to opportunities within the company's network
- Must commit to attending one networking session with each group of fellows
What is the value of your business participating in the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program?
- Your recruiting efforts are narrowed down to a chosen few, providing extended exposure to each candidate
- You get all the benefits of a fully-funded corporate-level educational program, enhancing and sharpening the knowledge, skills, and abilities of each fellow
- The program complies with all OFCCP requirements on veteran hiring
Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program will get you started in a civilian career that is appropriate to your education and experience level.
Transitioning Service Members
If you (a) are on active duty and within 180 days of transition (separation or retirement) from military service and (b) have a bachelor's degree with 3+ years of leadership experience (or equivalent related experience) or an associate’s degree with 5+ years of leadership experience (or equivalent related experience), you are eligible to apply. Note: Fellows are ideally on active duty or transition leave for the duration of the 12-week program and are eligible to work briefly following the end of the program.
If you (a) possess a DoD military ID card, (b) have current orders that show 18 months remaining in the local area, (c) have a Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of work experience or an Associate’s degree with 5+ years of work experience, you are eligible to apply. Note: You must be available to attend all classroom sessions and have transportation available.
If you have specific questions about the program, please reach out to the program manager in your region:
Fort Bliss (TX) - Carla Miller, Program Manager
Fort Carson (CO) - Lindsay Teplesky, Program Manager
Fort Hood (TX) - Stefanie Watson, Program Manager
Fort Campbell (KY, TN) - Christina Comer, Program Manager
Fort Leavenworth (KS) - Ursla McCarthy, Program Manager
Joint Base Lewis-McChord (WA) - Rob Comer, Program Manager
National Capital Region (MD, VA, DC) - Crystal Cochran, Program Manager
Camp Pendleton (CA) - Sara McNamara, Program Manager
The Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program is sponsored by Northern Trust and Prudential.