Vote for our SXSWEdu Panel!
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation submitted a panel with the Linked Learning Alliance for consideration in the upcoming SXSWEdu conference in Austin. The panel titled, The Race for Relevance in the Modern Workforce, will feature U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Director, Erica Kashiri; Linked Learning Alliance Vice President, Alex Taghavian; and Sun Power Managing Director, Bobby Ram, who will discuss new approaches to help students make the school-to-work transition while helping business secure the talent they need to compete.
The routine jobs of the past are changing. Now, businesses live and die by their ability to compete on innovation, putting a premium on talent with the analytical and interpersonal skills to create value for the enterprise. Robust pathways provide work-based learning as a key element to student success, but education providers struggle to provide high-quality opportunities in two ways: 1) securing and maintaining employer partners and 2) ensuring experiences are an accurate reflection of the current world of work.
- Learn lessons from supply chain management to upgrade and sustain your employer partner network.
- Scale and quality are not mutually exclusive. Discover how technology and badges can accelerate quality improvements for new and established pathways.
- Struggling to find an employer champion? Hear the story of one business that has transformed multiple districts through innovative collaboration.
- Alex Taghavian, Linked Learning Alliance
- Erica Kashiri, US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Bobby Ram, Sun Power